MD-PhD Programm at the DBM
Second education in Biology for talented medical students who are interested in scientific research. Trained MD-PhDs should be qualified to actively participate and shape interdisziplinary and transfacultary research projects.
1. Students can be provisionally admitted into the MD PhD program of Basel University at the master-study level (3rd year). Applications are evaluated by the Basel University MD PhD Selection Committee. A formal evaluation of provisionally admitted students is being carried out during the final year of medical school (submission on Dec. 15th of the respective year).
2. Students aiming to perform an MD PhD at Basel University should conduct an experimental Master thesis.
3. Students aiming to perform an MD PhD at Basel University are encouraged to visit a ”summer school“ or an equivalent research-oriented program during their medical studies.
4. Students aiming to perform an MD PhD at Basel University are encouraged to actively participate in a research program during their fifth year (“Wahlstudienjahr”).
5. Students that have passed the formal evaluation and have been admitted to the Basel University MD PhD Program are required to adhere to a predefined reporting system. The reporting system includes an early report to assure proper commencement (6 months into the program), followed by annual reports by the student signed off by the supervisor, and review of the annual report by a member of the MD PhD commission.
Application: December 15