PhD position in cardiac tissue engineering (100%)
Our ‘Cardiac Surgery and Engineering’ laboratory at the Department of Biomedicine of the University of Basel (Switzerland) offers a PhD position in the cardiac tissue engineering field.
Main tasks will involve:
· bioreactor technology for seeding, differentiation and physical conditioning (electrical, mechanical) of mesenchymal/cardiac progenitors on 3D scaffolds;
· cell characterization and differentiation;
· 3-D morphometric analysis and functional assessment of cardiac construct contractility and angiogenesis in vivo;
· histological, biochemical, molecular assays;
· rodent ischemic cardiac models.
Fluent English (speaking and writing) is mandatory.
You will also need to show:
· excellent oral communication skills in order to work effectively in an international environment;
· the ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems;
· scientific curiousity;
· critical thinking ability;
· teamwork skills and patience;
· attention to detail.
We can offer you
A dynamic, multidisciplinary and young work-environment.
Your involvement in different research projects (https://biomedizin.unibas.ch/nc/about-us/people/profil/profile/person/marsano).
One-year-contract basis, which will be extended for the following 3 years.
Please, if interested in the position, send your complete application with reference letters by email to Anna Marsano (anna.marsano-at-usb.ch) within the 5th of May 2017.