Postdoctoral position for a Computational biologist in CANCER METASTASIS
About the Cancer Metastasis Lab
The Cancer Metastasis Lab at the University of Basel combines microfluidics technology, patient samples, in vivo models, computational and molecular biology to study how cancer spreads, with a particular emphasis on the biology of human circulating tumor cells.
We seek a highly motivated computational biologist with a strong background in cancer biology. Start date is as soon as possible.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A highly motivated computational biologist with a PhD degree and previous experience in computational cancer research
- Familiar with the analysis of next-generation sequencing data (DNA-seq, RNA-seq, DNA-methylation)
- Experienced in single cell analysis
- Capable of independent thinking
- A team player with excellent communication and writing skills
- Skilled programmer in R and at least one scripting language
The successful candidate will be part of an international team of researchers and participate in well funded projects (European Research Council, Swiss National Science Foundation, etc.) in a highly competitive scientific environment.
How to apply
Please send the application package including a CV with publication list, a motivation letter, and list of three referees to Nicola Aceto (Nicola.Aceto@unibas.ch)