Expert in Cell Sorting and Flow Cytometry (100%)
The Department of Biomedicine (DBM) at the University of Basel and the University Hospital Basel is seeking an expert in cell sorting and flow cytometry to join our FACS Core Facility. The Core Facility is located at DBM-Hebelstrasse and provides services and expertise for our research groups.
The tasks include in particular
· Operation of multi-laser, high-speed cell sorters (currently 2 BD-Influx and 2 BD-Aria)
· Continuous improvement of sorting and flow cytometry services including organizational aspects and equipment maintenance
· Acquiring up-to-date knowledge of new applications and emerging technologies
· Providing expert advice in experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation of results
The successful candidate should have
· Several years of hands-on experience and expertise in high end sorting with a variety of cell types and experimental systems and as an operator.
· Candidates with or without a PhD will be considered.
· A flexible schedule and effective organization skills are mandatory.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good relationships with DBM researchers are essential.
· The candidate should be self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Broad spectrum of flow cytometry and cell sorting applications in a competitive international research environment in basic and clinical biomedical sciences
· Team work at the highest professional level
· Education and lifelong learning
Please send applications with CV, a description of relevant research experience and the names of 3 referees to Heidi Hoyermann (Head of Human Resources) by email: Heidi.hoyermann-at-unibas.ch. The position is available immediately or upon agreement. For informal inquiries please contact Dr. Frank Neumann (f.neumann-at-unibas.ch).
The Department of Biomedicine unites basic and clinical laboratory-based research of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Basel. For more details, please visit our website: biomedizin.unibas.ch