The facility is equipped with all the necessary devices to perform basic and advanced histology techniques.
The following equipment is available for the DIY platform:
- Two tissue processors and one tissue embedding station
- Three semi-automatic microtomes
- One manual microtome
- One microwave tissue processor
- One linear stainer
- One Thermobrite FISH incubator
- One coverslipper
- One slide and one cassette printer
- Two cryostats
- One vibratome
- One slide scanner
- One image analysis workstation (HALO software)
- Three bench microscopes
Additionally, the facility staff provide a service for:
- Histological staining (H&E, PAS, Safranin-O) performed by the Gemini autostainer (free of charge for DBM groups)
- IHC, IF, ISH performed by the Ventana Discovery Ultra autostainer (fee based)
Rules for the use of the HCF resources
The use of the Facility equipment is free of charge for all the members of the Department of Biomedicine.
The access to the equipment is restricted to trained users.
All the equipment must be reserved in advance through the IRIS reservation system.
External collaborators may get access to the Facility upon specific agreements and a temporary authorization.
Use the link to the IRIS page below to reserve a time slot or to request a training.