Career Day 2016
The DBM Postdoc Club committee was pleased to announce the DBM Postdoctoral Career Day 2016 that was held on 23rd of September 2016 in the conference room of Actelion in Allschwil.
This event was a great opportunity to learn more about the path of a professorship with funding possibilities, to get insight in the variety of industry career options, as well as to learn the right networking skills.
We proudly welcomed the following presenters:
- Radek Skoda: Head of the Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel
- Primo Leo Schär: Vice Dean of Research, University of Basel
- Jean-Francois Ricci: Market Access Specialist and President&Principal at Wellmera
- Oliver Nayler: Scientist and Head Cardiovascular and Fibrosis Biology, Actelion Ltd
- Andreas Schöllhorn: European Patent Attorney at Latscha Schöllhorn Partner
- Ulf Grawunder: CEO from the start-up company NBE Therapeutics
- Ulrike Brandt-Bohne: Journalist, TV Moderator
- Volker Herdtweck: HR Marketing Manager Student and University Marketing, Roche
Furthermore, Susanne Matuschek from Matuschek Consulting instructed us how to network at conferences and meetings and to develop the right skills to boost your career development.